MMX Interest: 2.0% NSR royalty
MMX Metal Exposure: Gold (Au), Silver (Ag)
Location: Zacatecas, Mexico
Operator: Orla Mining Ltd.
- Open-pit heap leach mine located approximately 50 kilometres from Newmont’s Penasquito mine
- An updated feasibility study completed in 2021 outlined an initial 10 year operation with average annual production of 94,000 oz gold with good potential for further mine life extension
- Achieved first gold pour from Camino Rojo in December 2021 and commercial production declared effective April 1, 2022
- Successful commissioning included the ramp up of mining and processing to sustained throughput levels in excess of 75% of designed nameplate capacity of 18,000 tpd
- All major construction activities have now been completed
For more information on Camino Rojo, please visit www.orlamining.com
Source: Orla Mining public disclosure.