MMX Interest: 1% net smelter return (NSR) royalty
MMX Metal Exposure: Gold (Au)
Location: Nunavut, Canada
Operator: Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd.
Status: Production paused
- Made up of 3 main deposits (Doris, Madrid and Boston) defined on a large 1,101km2 prospective land package
- Project has seen significant historical exploration activity, including more than one million metres of drilling with approximately 90% of the drilling occurring on the established deposits
- Agnico Eagle acquired Hope Bay in February 2021
- Production at Hope Bay will remain paused in 2022 and 2023 as Agnico Eagle focuses on exploration activities to develop an optimal production strategy around the geologic potential of the land package
- Internal evaluations underway regarding the potential to operate a 4,000 tonne per day mine that could produce 250,000 to 300,000 ounces of gold per year
For more information on Hope Bay, please visit www.agnicoeagle.com.
Source: Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. public disclosure.