- MMX Interest: 1.25% net smelter return (NSR) royalty
- Metals: Gold (Au), Copper (Cu)
- Location: San Juan, Dominican Republic
- Operator: GoldQuest Mining Corp.
- Status: Feasibility
- Annual Production: 109,000 oz AuEq. (1)
- Initial Mine Life: 7.3 years (1)
The 2016 Pre-Feasibility Study for the Romero Project outlined a 2,800 tonne per day underground operation with a post-tax internal rate of return of 28%. Permitting work is currently in progress, but the feasibility work is scheduled to proceed immediately given the robust economics of the project. GoldQuest has indicated that construction may begin as early as 2018 with commercial production expected to be achieved by 2020. The Romero Project has good potential for mine expansion or extension based on current resources.
For more information on the Romero Project, please visit http://www.goldquestcorp.com/.
(1) As outlined in the Pre-Feasibility Study with an effective date of October 27, 2016 – please refer to the GoldQuest Mining press release dated September 27, 2016 available on the GoldQuest Mining website (www.goldquestcorp.com).