- MMX Interest: Right to purchase 100% of the payable gold produced for a fixed ongoing payment of $650/oz
- Metals: Gold (Au), Silver (Ag), Zinc (Zn), Lead (Pb)
- Location: Zacatecas, Mexico
- Operator: Pan American Silver Corp.
- Status: Producing - Expansion in Progress
- 2017E Production: 3,300 - 3,500 oz Au (1)
La Colorada is an underground polymetallic silver mine. Silver, gold, zinc and lead mineralization is present as epithermal veins, breccia pipes, mantos and lime stone replacements in the three main zones known as Candelaria, Estrella and Recompense. The mining method used at all three zones is cut and fill stoping. Pan American achieved significant progress in the expansion of its La Colorada mine during 2016, as the new mine shaft and sulphide ore processing plant both began operating on schedule in Q3 2016. The new 115kV power line to La Colorada is targeted for completion in Q2 2017 and additional development in the underground mine is advancing to enable increased ore mining rates up to the designed 1,800 tpd by the end of 2017.
For more information on La Colorada, please visit http://panamericansilver.com/.
(1) Production guidance provided by Pan American Silver – please refer to January 2017 investor presentation on Pan American Silver’s website (www.panamericansilver.com.)